Tuesday 2 December 2014

3 brush Challenge


My work station step up for the 3 brush challenge 
The 2 brushes I chose to use. Angled brush, Foundation brush and flat eye shadow brush
My face chart I worked from

I started off with concealing the face with the Charles Fox camouflage palette. I then used her own foundation which was by Mary Kay, I applied this all over the face and down the neck. I then used the angled brush to buff the face and foundation into the skin so there was no line or uneven areas. I then used a loose powder to powder the face using the exact same brush again. 

I then used the eye shadow brush and used a mix of grey and pink on the eyelids, I found this quite hard as I felt like I needed a bigger brush on the lids however I needed a smaller brush for the lips later on so I had to choose a brush in the middle. I then started on the cheeks creating a soft contour, I started with a brown blush powder on the cheeks to shape and define the cheeks I then used a pink blush over the top for the colour which matched the eyelids.


I then applied black mascara to the lashes and slightly brushed through the brows as well to highlight the brow hairs and give a slight definition in the brows. Next was the lips, I used a pink colour with the same brush I used for the eyelids, I found this quite hard as the brush was a little big so I couldn't create a perfect line on the lips, I tried to apply it as neat as possible however. I think the pink on the lips really brought out the colour on the eyes and cheeks and the pinks became a very chromatic look at the end. 

Working with 3 brushes okay to begin with as I used the foundation brush and the angled brush for different things however these all worked perfectly fine using the same brush. A harder brush to use for multiple things was the eyes and lips as I had to decide was sort of brush I wanted to use and could collaborate. I chose a middle sized brush this way I could do both however just have to work hard to keep it neat and precise. 

Final look
Final look 




No comments:

Post a Comment