Wednesday 15 October 2014

Colour Theory Face Charts and Make up

Out the five colour theories our task was to create two face charts representing two of the theories which I did Achromatic and Analogous. I then has to create another face chart which is monochromatic (all shades of one colour). This design we then have to bring forward and create the monochromatic look on someone in the make up studio during our lecture. 



Here is my Achromatic design where I have used the shades of white, grey and black to create the make up. I used a neutral powder on the face to give it a little colour and coverage before applying the black, white and grey tones.






This is my Analogous design. I chose the colours red, violet and orange which all sit next to each other. On the eyes I blended together the violet and the red, and on the cheeks I used an orange blush and also an orange shade for the lips. These are all colours that sit next to each other on the colour wheel.

This is my Monochromatic design which I going to take forward and complete this look on a model next week. I have chosen the colour pink, starting on the eye lids I used a variety of 4 pink colours. On the cheeks I used a pink blush and on the lips I used a pink lipstick. This variety of pink shades really compliment each other and work well to create and over all make up design.







Chromatic Make up-





Here is my chromatic look, I went with the orange tones for this make up design. I started with a flawless foundation base from the Charles fox foundation palette. I then powdered the look to set the make up with a loose powder by Illamasqua, for the contouring on the cheeks and forehead I used an orange powder from the viva brilliant colour palette by Charles fox. For the lashes I used a black mascara, I slightly filled in my brows with Charles fox supra colour orange just to give a slight orange tint to the brows, I used this same colour from the supra palette on the lips as well. 

I wanted the whole look to look very subtle and warming to the skin. I kept the colours and blending very subtle so the orange didn't over power the look.

Overall I'm very happy with the outcome of this chromatic make up look it came out exactly how I wanted it to. The contouring was very subtle as I just to define the face and warm up the skin. The brows and lashes were kept slightly darker to give the make up depth.





No comments:

Post a Comment