Monday 20 October 2014

Monochromatic Make up

During our Practical lecture we had to create a monochromatic make up which we firstly designed on a face charts. We had to pair up during our practical and each be the model, we had a total of 40 mintues to create our whole look. This first photo is of my station this is the make up I worked with I used products from Charles Fox, MAC, Illamasqua and Rimmel and worked with a wide variety of brushes from various brands.




My looked was based on the colour pink. It was more of a beauty look instead of something crazy and different. My model had very fair skin so I had to mix a few of the foundations together to create her skin tone as I didn't want her to look too pale as I didn't want the skin to look washed out of dull. For my models skin colour I used a mix of Alabaster and FS38, this was from the ultra foundation 8 palette by Charles fox (Kryolan). And to set the foundation I used the Illamasqua translucent white powder.
When starting on the eyes I worked from the Viva Brilliant Colour Medley Matt 15 palette. I powder the eye with white (Fennel) and used two colours from this palette to create the eyeshadow which was Annatto and chive blossom. From the Blusher Palette- 5 Matt classic palette I also used a few of these on the eyelids, I used R21 an TO. These are all different shades of pink. When contouring the cheeks I wanted structure and line however I didn't want it super sharp and heaving I also brought the blush up to the sides of the temple and gradually blended it out. I used my blush from the Illamasqua powder blusher duo and started with the colour Lover which I was going to use as a base form the cheeks however I came out very peachy which I wasn't pleased about. I then went over with Hussy which is a brighter pink which is more in the variety of shades I was using. I For the brows I used a MAC twist pencil this was in the shade of light brown, I defined the brows and created a slight point to the tops of the brows. With the lips I wanted to use a bright pink again which I used from the mini lip rouge palette and I used colour LC001. For the lashes I wanted it quite subtle however still visible that there are lashes there. I used Extra super lash black by Rimmel and gave my models lashes a few coats to darken and lengthen them.

My feedback from my Lecturer was that my design was pretty symmetrical on each side however the eyeshadow could of been a little more symmetrical. The design overall she said was very good and the make up was neat and applied well. I feel overall I worked very well and efficiently and I fell my design came out accurate to my face chart I designed for this look and my application was neat and tidy. I feel in future designs I could experiment with using the colour on different parts of the face such as the lashes or the brows and try to elaborate my designs and think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment